- AutoBody & Collision
- Auto Glass
- Mechanical & Electronic
- Insurance Claim / Private
Here are a few tips to help you make sense of the auto insurance industry:
- A $1,000 collision deductible policy will cost less than a $200 collision deductible.
- If your car is less than three years old you can buy a replacement cost policy that will allow the use of new OEM parts. It may replace the whole car in some cases if it is less than a year old.
- A good loss of use addition to the policy will get you in a rental car right away and keep you there longer. If you don’t buy this, you are on your own for at least several days.
- An important consideration is the use and drivers for which the the car is insured. If you are driving it to work and your young son or daughter is using it is important that the policy reflects this.
- It makes sense to match the policy to the car. A nice safe 10 year old car works just fine for getting back and forth to work, but if it is only worth $2,000 it may not make sense to pay for collision coverage.
Hopefully, you are lucky enough to not need your insurance. However, if the time comes when you need it, you’ll be glad to have the proper insurance. If you do need to make a claim there are some more tips at the Report a Claim page.